Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Artichoke Hearts Wrapped in Bacon


This recipie came out of my dislike for the notorious appetizer " scallops wrapped in bacon", this app is inescapable but I never understood it's popularity. I mean yeah everything wrapped in bacon is good of course but scollops would not be my first choice. I mean really what even is a scollop? All I know is it's round and chewy and comes from the sea... I don't know about you but no amount of bacon can distract me from that fact.  So artichokes wrapped in bacon was born! And let me tell you this will soon take over as the go to wedding/ party/ cocktail app. 

Ingredients:
Marinated Artichoke hearts 
Bacon
Tooth picks 
 
Sauce: 
1/3 cup heavy cream 
3 tbls Dijon 
2 tbls worchestireshire sauce 
Italian seaonings 

1. Cut bacon strips in three equal parts 
2. Chop artichoke hearts up 
3. Wrap backn around a small amount of artichokes and secure with tooth pick
4. Cook on a baking sheet at 350 for 40 mins or until bacon is crispy ( flip once at half way mark)

Sauce: 
Simmer ingredients on medium high for 5-10 mins then let sit 

Serve together and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment